My Nine Lives Plus One

I am writing these thoughts about my childhood and how I was raised for my children and grandchildren. Kids, you never knew your great grandparents, nor your paternal grandfather, Elmo John Riddle, and I believe from these stories I write for you from the time I was born to Elmo & Nadine Martin Riddle, you may understand why Mom and Nana is the way she is! I love you, Tiffany, Mark, Tristen and Bryce--you are my everything!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Life After 70

It's not always easy to realize that I am approaching life after 70.  I haven't done my blog in several months because life isn't always easy and just as it was when I worked and had a career.
We moved to Texas in August 2012.  My sister, Kathy, had passed away in May 2012, I went on a 10 day cruise with my children and grandchildren in June 2012.  It was a wonderful trip and I shall never forget it.  I'm really afraid of water and do not swim but will float in my daughter's pool once in a while.  But it was a very large boat and I never felt scared or seasick at all.
Then in August of 2012 we sold our beautiful home in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, only 7 miles from our son, and moved to Texas.  Chuck, my husband, said that the Oklahoma winters were just too cold for him anymore, especially after that big snow in winter 2011.  Couldn't get out of the driveway for a week.  The cold did not seem to bother me too much then....
Bought a cute house in a little suburb of Dallas called Rowlett.  House was 4 bedrooms, fixed up nice inside but we did major work outside, yard, fence, trees, removed ugly shed, added a patio cover, just a few nice exterior things.  First year 2012 it snowed, but not a lot.  Kind of surprising, but it was ok because it didn't last long, pretty enough though and reminded me of home.  You see, I lived in Oklahoma all of my life and this move to Texas caused me pain.  Had it not been for having our daughter, Tiffany, nearby in Dallas, approximately 20 miles away, I could not have stayed this long.  I missed my other family, my son Mark, his wife Carrie, and grandchildren, Bryce and Tristen.  Tristen had graduated in 2011 and was in her first year of college by then.  Bryce was still young but going into middle school and growing like weed.  But I missed him terribly because from first grade to fifth, Bryce and I had a lot of fun together.  I enjoyed those elementary school years just watching him do so many things in school--plays, baseball, karate, movies, ice cream, spending the night at Nana's--all that fun stuff grandmothers enjoy.  My life hasn't been the same without those things.  And I am sad most of the time, but there's more to come and much more to write about. 
I have to bring all of my (two maybe three by now) readers up to speed as to what has happened since our move. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment